J.T. Barrett had himself a day, or more appropriately, a half, dismantling the UNLV defense through the air.
The senior quarterback threw five touchdowns to five different wide receivers. Parris Campbell, Johnnie Dixon, Binjimen Victor, Terry McLaurin and K.J. Hill all caught touchdown passes from Barrett.
It appears the passing game is back on track with this performance by Barrett. Currently, Barrett has 10 touchdowns and one interception on the season, a very good ratio.
After tossing five touchdown passes Urban Meyer decided to end Barrett’s day early by putting in the backups a few minutes before halftime.
Barrett is now only 14 yards shy of 10,000 career yards. Expect the senior to achieve this illustrious milestone next week against Rutgers.
J.K. Dobbins continued to impress racking up 95 rushing yards on the day. His best run was a 25 yard scamper, on which he broke the ankles of a UNLV defender.
On the defensive side, the Ohio State line had a dominant game. In particular, Dre’Mont Jones and Nick Bosa stood out on Saturday.
Jone recorded a safety meanwhile Bosa compiled a sack, three tackles for loss and tipped a pass that lead to an interception.
In the secondary, Damon Arnette and Damon Webb each recorded an interception.
Important Game Notes:
- Ohio State set a Big Ten record with seven touchdown passes to seven different receivers.
- Demario McCall and Joe Burrow saw their first action of the year, it appears they are finally getting healthy.
- Mike Weber did not see any action, it is clear he is still not 100 percent.
- Wide receiver C.J. Saunders caught his first career touchdown for the Buckeyes on a 28 yard dime from Dwayne Haskins. Saunders had over 100 yards receiving on the day.
- Tight end Rashod Berry caught his first career touchdown on a 38 yard touchdown pass from Dwayne Haskins.
- Sean Nuernberger remains perfect on field goals and extra points on the year.
- UNLV running back Lexington Thomas had a great game rushing for two touchdowns.
- Penalties were an issue for Ohio State, the Buckeyes had eight penalties that accounted for 85 yards.
- Defensive tackle Malik Barrow left the game with a right leg injury.
For all your collegiate and professional apparel needs, check out 365 Gameday.