It didn’t take long for the first UNC Basketball star to land on the 2017 NBA Draft board, with Justin Jackson being picked 15th. The Tar Heel success continued shortly when Tony Bradley found a roster at the 28th pick of the 1st round. Earlier this morning, Kennedy Meeks and Isaiah Hicks also continued their careers by signing contracts onto NBA teams.
Here’s a list of where each of these former Tar Heels landed.
Welcome to the League:
- 15th pick of the 1st round
- Selected by the Sacramento Kings (acquired by trade from the Trailblazers)
Justin will be joined by De’aaron Fox (Kentucky), Harry Giles (Duke), and Frank Mason (Kansas). Seems that the Kings had a thing for blue blood schools in this draft, but it should help Justin to be so familiar with his new rookie teammates.
- 28th pick of the 1st round
- Selected by the Utah Jazz (acquired by trade from the Lakers)
Tony will be joining a team led by All-NBA big man Rudy Gobert, so it will be a good way for the young guy to get some experience. It may take some time for Tony to get past
- Signed a contract Friday morning with the Toronto Raptors
Meeks is joining a team that already has been successful in the playoffs and has star big man Serge Ibaka.
- Signed a contract Friday morning with the Los Angeles Clippers
The Clippers have two star big men in Blake Griffin and Deandre Jordan, which will be helpful for Hicks who fits in well with their athletic style.